- Can edit any files containing plain text. (Note that MS Word documents do not contain plain text.)
- No limit to the number of files that can be edited in a single pass.
- Replacement text can be literal, or using format expressions, which allow parts of the matched text to be substituted.
- Undo and Redo the last 10 changes. Each undo undoes the changes to all the files that were modified.
- File filters can be specified by wildcards or a regular expression.
- 65 character encodings are supported, including Unicode, Japanese, Chinese and West and East European.
- All input fields can be resized and the font size can be changed.
- The effect of a replace command can be tested on sample text.
- The text matched by sub-expressions can also be tested on sample text.
- The log of all changes made in a session can be saved to a file.