Community
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDK Tools Does'nt appear after join Domain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennKris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: SDK Tools Does'nt appear after join Domain Reply with quote

I'm new to textpad, first i would like to explain, I manage some computer using Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, and have about 20 Clients, the clients using Windows XP SP3 and they all already in a same domain.

I tried to install TextPad 5.2 on one of the client. when I logged as Administrator Account or OP *or some account with high privilages* the Java SDK tools appear normaly. but when I login using normal account *with normal privilages* the tools disappeared!

my question is, how to show Java SDK Tools on normal user after the computer join a domain?
can I set it manually? *like modifying registry or something*
how do I add those tools? even the "Tools" section in Preferences does'nt show up..

thx in advance,
sory english is not my primary language

I'm looking forward for any help ASAP

regards

Glenn
username

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having this same problem did you ever find a solution? Does anyone else know of a solution?
username

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in case anyone else ever has this problem ..

From the Help menu choose:

1. Help Topics
2. Contents
3. Plus sign next to "How to"
4. Plus sign next to "Restrict User Capabilities"
5. Restricting User Capabilities

this gives detailed instructions on why they may not have access to tools. specifically there is a hex value that may be set to disallow creation and use of user tools on the Tools menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Forum Index -> Java All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: