Community
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Textpad crashes when I try to compile with Java

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cirex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Textpad crashes when I try to compile with Java Reply with quote

Hello,

Whenever I try to compile my java code in Textpad, it crashes on me. I get a small popup reading "Unexpected and unrecoverable error. Would you like to save a diagnostic file?". If I click Yes, it says it saved a dump file (.dmp), and says to contact support@textpad.com. After that, Textpad closes. If I click No to this prompt, Textpad crashes anyway with the "Textpad has encountered a problem and needs to close..." popup.

I have installed the latest Java SDK 6, update-version 10. I'm pretty sure I installed it via the Setup, and after that, installed Textpad 5. I can see the three Java options (Compile Java, Run Java App... etc) under Tools, so I think Textpad knows where the compiler or SDK is then. But it refuses to let me compile my code.

Anybody have any ideas for me? Sad Thanks in advance.
bengebc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem. I go to compile and I get an error message saying "Unexpected and unrecoverable error" just like the guy above? Please advise what to do? The textpad does die right after, and leaves a dump file.
Nicholas Jordan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista?
bengebc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Im not running vista. I think textpad is just strait up stupid??? I ask it to run the javac.exe same problem. I ask it to run from Command Prompt through textpad, same problem. I compile it myself in the Command Prompt and it works just fine. Textpad will run the Java Application, after I compile it in Command Prompt. However it cannot run the javac.exe/java compile at all. Its like it just hates me???
Nicholas Jordan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: not really Reply with quote

what would be your alternative eitor?
talleyrand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you submitted the dump files to Helios like the message box indicates? They are usually quite prompt in their analysis of the issue.
kdbcsci

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Textpad crashing Reply with quote

I realize that this thread was started a long time ago. I have been having the same problems on my computer which runs Windows 7 64-bit.

I right clicked on the icon for Textpad in my start menu, and went to properties. From there, I found an option to run Textpad in compatibility mode. I am running it in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, and have since been able to compile java without the program crashing.

I hope this is able to help someone out.
tlouvierre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: TextPad Compiler Reply with quote

Very Happy First, off I installed Java first and then TextPad as instructed by my Professor. So I know that part is in correct order. I am reluctant to find the compile method of the program and my assignment is due today. I mean I will get credit for having the bulk of the program. I just do not know if it runs. Can anyone give me some instruction on what paths to follow so that I can achieve the compiler? I would deeply appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Forum Index -> Java All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: