Community
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to deal with multiple CLASSPATHs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: How to deal with multiple CLASSPATHs? Reply with quote

I've just encountered my first project that requires an entirely separate classpath from the one I've been using for years. It calls a function in an old version of JUnit that no longer exists the more current version, which is on the classpath.

I have a "compile" tool (on the Tools menu), and another to "compile all in the current directory", both of which use the system classpath.

Anyone have advice on how to manage this?

Is the long term answer that each project should really have its own "javac" tools, which use that project's exclusive classpath?

Is having a system (global) classpath just a bad idea?
MudGuard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How to deal with multiple CLASSPATHs? Reply with quote

jeffy wrote:
Is the long term answer that each project should really have its own "javac" tools, which use that project's exclusive classpath?

In my opinion, textpad is not the right tool for java - it is nice for some very small java projects, but I think Eclipse or Netbeans are much better if you seriously program in java.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Forum Index -> Java All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: