These addons to TextPad are made available on an as-is basis. They are free and unsupported, although we will endeavor to fix any bugs.
We gratefully acknowledge these contributions from our users, who are credited alongside each. Please let them know if you find their contributions useful.
If you would like to make your own contributions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you have downloaded one of these files, extract its contents into the folder %userprofile%\Helios\TextPad\8, then select it as detailed below.
Installing clip libraries:
- From the View menu, choose Clip Library.
- Click the down arrow on the Clip Library, to display the list of books.
- Choose the one you want to use, from the drop-down list.
- From the Configure menu, choose Preferences.
- Select "Macros" on the Preferences dialog box.
- Select the macro from the list of available macros.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
Installating syntax definitions:
- Create the document class.
- Specify which files are members of that class.
- Specify which syntax definition file is required.
This can most easily be done using the "New Document Class" wizard as follows, taking PHP as an example:
- From the Configure menu, choose New Document Class.
- Type "PHP" in the class name box and click Next.
- Type "*.php" in the class members box and click Next.
- Check "Enable syntax highlighting", select the file "php.syn" and click Next.
- Confirm that the document class will be created as you want it, and click Finish.
- Now, open a file with extension ".php" and it should be syntax highlighted.